Thursday, February 8, 2007

Pandora.com

So I found this discovery on one of my friend's blogs. I thought I would further share the gem so here it is:

Ok, my favorite new thing... if any of you have a desk job that allows you the comfort of a cozy chair and a glaring computer screen for 8 hours a day (and maybe a few lucky ones a cubicle) :) , this may be exactly what you need.
I found it the other day when I was looking for a new online radio station. I've been pretty displeased with those I've found in the past.

I stumbled upon Pandora.com, a site that allows you the option of plugging in an artist or genre you'd like to hear, and then creates a playlist of similar songs for your listening pleasure. What a find! I've typed in everything from Justin Timberlake to Michael Buble, and it's great music every time. You can register for free, and the site will remember your stations. Another cool feature is that you can select "Quick Mix" and music will play randomly from all of your stations.

It's cool! You get the best of the new and the old. I just heard "Pony" by Ginuwine (memories of 8th grade dances)... and I'll occasionally hear songs I've never heard before, by new or lesser-known artists.

The ONLY way to make it through a long work day is by finding something to wisk you away. This works. Trust.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you get this from Lauren? I use this sight every day at work, it's great.

The Sagers Family said...

Yep I got this from Lauren. It's awesome

The Sagers Family said...

Yep I got this from Lauren. It's awesome

Alli Easley said...

Hi, Alli (taylor o's sister) here! I loved Pandora til I found Last.fm. I found that Pandora played so many unknown artists, I was always skipping forward. Last.fm is like...having satellite radio. Look into it!

Alli Easley said...

plus its free!

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing Megan. Its a great site!

Lindsey said...

How funny...Ty and I just found this sight this morning! It is awesome. I am a new fan!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Brian Stucki's mom, Linda. I am so impressed with your fancy scrapbook pages! Hope you don't mind me sneaking a peak...